Federal law provides people credit reports for free from the three major credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion. You can check your credit report from the government manded website AnnualCreditReport.com. It is one of the quickest ways to check your credit report. But you can also check your credit report by phone or mail.
It is very important to check your check to guard against errors and identity theft. The credit report is a detailed record of the past use of your credit. But you should know that they do not include your credit score.
Features of AnnualCreditReport.com
You will get the following features with the AnnualCreditReport.com:
- Data from all the three major credit bureaus.
- Provides reports, not scores.
- You can access an extensive history of your credit use.
How to Check the AnnualCreditReport
There are several options that are available to check your AnnualCreditReport. You can simply follow any of these following methods to check your AnnualCreditReport.
Check the Annual Credit Report by Online Method:
- You can check your credit report through the online method. You will require your personal information to check your credit report. You just have to follow these simple steps to check your credit report:
- You have to visit AnnualCreditReport.com.
- For direct access to the website, you can simply click on this link annualcreditreport.com.
- As you landed on the homepage, you have to click on the ‘Request Your Free Credit Reports’ option.
- Then, you have to click on the ‘Request Your Credit Reports’ option.
- Then, provide your personal details, such as the name, date of birth, SSN.
- Enter your address in the next section,
- If you have lived less than two years in your current locations, then you have to provide your previous address.
- After providing all the details, you have to select the Next button.
- Then, follow the steps further to require the annual credit report.
Check the Annual Credit Report by Mail:
You can also check your credit report by mail. For that, you have to download the request form from this link www.annualcreditreport.com/manualRequestForm.action. Simply download and print the form. You have to complete the form and send it to this address below:
Annual Credit Report Request Service
P.O. Box 105281
Atlanta, GA 30348-5281
Within 15 days, you will receive your credit report by mail.
Check the Annual Credit Report by Phone:
You can also check your annual credit report by phone. To check your credit report, you have to dial 1-877-322-8228 from your phone. Then you have to go through a verification process in order to check the credit report. Once your verification is complete you will receive the credit report within 15 days via mail.
Read More : How To Check TransUnion Credit Score
Annual Credit Report Contact Info
Central Source LLC
P.O. Box 105283
Atlanta, GA 30348-5283