Ancestry DNA Test Kit Activation Online :
Ancestry DNA provides a great opportunity to the customers to get insight from their DNA with their DNA testing. It will help the persons understand their genealogy as well as know more about their family history. With Ancestry DNA Test, you can also trace your family generations back with a family tree and find your ethnicity. If you have purchased an Ancestry DNA Test Kit, you can activate it online to make it ready for use.
Ancestry is a private for-profit web-based genealogy company operating genetic genealogy-related websites and a network of genealogical and historical records. The company claims that it has ‘the world’s largest collection of online family history records. Ancestry DNA is a subsidiary of Ancestry LLC. It offers the customers to discover where their family is from, the whole family story, and the personal traits of their genes using nothing more than a small saliva sample.
Ancestry DNA Test Kit Activation Code :
To use Ancestry DNA Test Kit, you must activate the kit online to see the test results. For the kit activation, you will need a unique activation code consisting of 15 letters and numbers. You can find the code on the sample collection tube as well as on the sample tube packaging.
For security and privacy, your DNA sample can only be identified by the activation code provided with your Ancestry DNA Test Kit, not using your personal information.
How to Activate Ancestry DNA Test Kit Online :
Once you receive your Ancestry DNA Test Kit, you have to log in to your Ancestry online account and link your activation code to your sample. To initiate the process, keep the Ancestry DNA Test Kit containing a sample tube, a prepaid envelope to mail the sample back, an activation code, and instructions. Then, go online and take some simple steps for activating your AncestryDNA Kit.
- Visit the Ancestry DNA Activation portal, ancestrydna.com/Activate
- Click the green “Sign in” button to reach the sign-in page.
- Enter your Ancestry account Email Address or Username and Password in their respective fields on the right-hand side.
- If you have enables two-step verification, verify your account.
- Then, click the green “Sign in” button to enter into your registered Ancestry profile.
- Enter the 15-digit Activation Code from the Ancestry DNA collection tube in the respective field.
Now your kit is active and there will be a link established between your Ancestry Account and your DNA Test Kit Activation Code. Based on this link, you can log in to your Ancestry account and track your test, view the result and DNA matches, manage the activities, etc. online at any time anywhere.
The customers collecting multiple tests at one time must note the participant name and the activation code from the collection tube for records.
How to Reset Ancestry Online Account Login Password :
Cannot remember your Ancestry account password? If so, you can reset your password and regain your Ancestry Account access in the following way.
- Go to the Ancestry Account page www.ancestry.com/account/signin
- Click the “Forgot Password?” link above the password field.
- Enter your Email Address and click the “Continue” button.
- Check your email in a new window or tab to receive the reset code without closing the page. The Ancestry system needs to remain open on this page.
- The code will be sent to you within 5 minutes. If you do not see any message at that time check the spam folder
- Once you get the code, return to the Ancestry DNA password resetting page to enter the code. The Password Reset Code is case-sensitive so make sure that you type the code as it is. The code is valid for 2 hours after receiving.
- Now you can create a new 8-100 character long password containing at least 1 number, 1 letter, or 1 special character.
- Re-enter it once again to confirm and click the “Continue” button to sign in to your Ancestry account online.
Note that, you can use the ‘Resend Code’ link on the password page if you do not receive the code. But remember, you should not request password resetting more than once within five minutes.
Also Read : How to Activate EPIX Online
How to Retrieve Ancestry Online Account Login Username :
The Ancestry account members, who do not remember their login username, can use their email address linked to the account. In the case, you no longer have access to your Ancestry registered email address; you have to contact Ancestry DNA over the phone for assistance.
How to Create Ancestry Account for DNA Test Kit Activation Online :
If you have no account with Ancestry or you are a new customer who purchased Ancestry DNA kit for the first time, you will need an online Ancestry account. As each Ancestry DNA Test Kit must be linked to a unique Ancestry Account except for the children and minors. They can be added to their parent or a legal guardian account.
However, to get started with the Ancestry DNA, you must set up an online account. For that, you can proceed with the following steps. It is free and a one-time process.
- Go to the Ancestry DNA Activation page, ancestrydna.com/Activate
- Look below the Sign-In option and click on the “Create a free account now” under ‘Don’t have an account?’ to enter the Ancestry Sign Up page.
- Enter your first name, last name, email address, and confirm email address in their respective fields.
- Create a password using at least 8 characters and one number, one letter, or one special character. Do not use a well-known or common word, phrase, or info.
- Confirm the password by re-entering the same.
- Click the “Continue” button and complete the rest of your Ancestry account creation process.
How to Use Ancestry DNA Test Kit :
After you sign up or sign in to your Ancestry Account and link your DNA Test Kit with the unique activation code, you need to complete some tasks to get your DNA results. Here is a brief guide to help you finish the steps properly.
- Do not eat, drink, smoke, or chew gum for 30 minutes before using the Ancestry DNA Test Kit
- Fill the sample tube with your saliva to the back wavy line; do not overfill.
- Remove the funnel from the tube and screw the provided cap securely until the blue fluid is released from the cap into the tube. It will preserve and stabilize the DNA in your saliva.
- Shake the tube for at least five seconds to ensure the sample mixes with the solution thoroughly.
- Keep your sample tube inside the collection bag provided to you with your Ancestry DNA Test Kit and seal it with an adhesive strip.
- Place the bag in the pre-paid mailing box and seal it also with adhesive and send it back using the postage included in your Ancestry DNA kit via U.S. mail. Do not use a different carrier.
Once your result is ready, you will get an email notification. After that, you can see your personalized DNA results by logging in to your Ancestry online account.
Contact Information :
Ancestry US Customer Service Phone Number: 1-800-401-3193 (toll-free)
Ancestry DNA Customer Service Number: 1-800-958-9124
Text Message Number: 1-800-615-6560