Netflix is one of the top content platforms in America. The headquarter is located in Los Gatos, California. Marc Randolph and march Randolph started Netflix in 1997. Their main business is the subscription-based streaming service. They stream online movies, films, television services, etc. As of October 2020, it has achieved more than 195 million paid subscriptions throughout the world including 73 million subscribers in the United States. Netflix is available worldwide, except in China, North Korea, Syria, and Crimea. They have offices in the United Kingdom, India, Brazil, Japan, Netherlands, and South Korea. It is a member of MPA (Motion Picture Association) and distributes the content throughout the globe.
Delete a Netflix Account
During the current lockdown, everyone has an opportunity to spend some quality time with the families. Movie streaming, like Netflix as plays an integral part to keep the entertainment mode on. But everything has a limit. If you think that you have enough time on Netflix, then you might want to delete your Netflix account. To delete your Netflix account, you can follow the simple instructions below.
Should You Delete Netflix Account
Many peoples are confused if they should delete the Netflix account or not. Deleting an account from Netflix is different. A profile allows customers to personalized their experience with Netflix. Here you can build your personal preferred list of the TV shows and movies, can add a review, language preference, and almost everything. You can add up to 5 profiles with your single Netflix account. You are allowed to delete all your profile except the main one. The main profile was created for the first time when you are signed up for the Netflix membership. If you want to delete your main profile, then you have to delete your Netflix account.
Netflix account is the main gateway to access Netflix content. That means, when you delete a Netflix profile, you are only deleting the personal experience with Netflix. But if you delete your Netflix account, that means you are deleting everything related to your Netflix account ID.
How to Delete a Netflix Account
- It is a very simple process to delete your Netflix account. You just need to follow some of the basic instructions to delete your account:
- First, you have to visit the Netflix website.
- For direct access to the website, you have to click on this link netflix.com/login.
- Then, on the given field, enter your Email or Phone Number and Password.
- After providing your log in details, you need to select the Sign In option.
- Then, from the homepage, you have to click on the User in the top right corner.
- Navigate to your account, then you need to click on the Cancel Membership option.
- There, you will see the confirmation screen.
- You have to click on the Finish Cancellation option.
- If you want to leave it there, then your Netflix account will be deleted in 10 months.
Delete Netflix Account Right Now
- If you want to cancel your membership, then you have to contact customer support. Currently, there is no option available to email Netflix. But you can call them or start a live chat with Netflix.
- Visit this link netflix.com/login to access the Netflix login portal.
- By clicking on User on the top right corner, select the Help Center.
- Then, from the bottom of the page, click on the Start Live Chat option.
- You have to select an option to tell them your issue.
- Write a message saying I Want to Delete My Netflix Account option.
- After that, you need to click on the Submit option.
- Then they should guide you through the complete process of deleting your account.
What Netflix Doesn’t Delete After Deleting Your Account
- Your email ID, that you used to sign up.
- The device information will be recorded by Netflix. For example, if you access the Netflix account with your iPad, then they will keep the record of your email and the device.
- They also record the method of payment.
As per the terms and conditions of Netflix, they keep this information because of lawful reasons and the accounting purpose. They match these details in case someone signs up again with the same email and device. But they will never try to contact you or ever charge your payment method after the account is deleted.
So, if you delete your Netflix account, then next time you use a new email, you will receive a free trial of Netflix. So, before deleting your Netflix account, consider that they have your device ID and payment method stored.
Read More : How To Login Into HelloFax Account
Netflix Contact Info
In case, you need to contact Netflix, you can contact at 1-844-505-2993.