PetSmart is committed to its employees to provide the benefits offerings to make them stay healthy and happy both in and out of work. From health, medical, finance to discounts, time away, forms, and resources, PetSmart Employee Benefits are there for the associates throughout all stages of their life. Plus, the company gives the convenience of accessing those benefits information virtually all the time from any place on the internet.
PetSmart Employee Benefits Features:
PetSmart offers lots of benefits plans, programs, and packages to support its employees. Here is an overview.
- Two Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) medical plans: High Deductible Health Plan with a Health Savings Account through United Healthcare and the new Bind medical plan
- Prescription drug coverage through the CVS Caremark prescription benefit program with a PetSmart medical plan
- Medical insurance coverage to eligible Hawaii associates through participating Hawaii Medical Service Association providers
- Dental Plan I and II, maximum annual benefit ranging from $500 to $1500 per person, covers basic preventive and major care services.
- Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) plan to manage all dental health care needs with no deductibles, no maximums, and no waiting period
- Vision Service Plan (VSP) to save money using participating in-network providers with eye-exam coverage, frame, lenses, and contact lenses solution
- $200 VSP frame allowance for ready-made non-prescription sunglasses or blue light filtering glasses
- Hearing aid discount program through TrueHearing with access to a national network of 4500 plus licensed hearing aid professionals
- Healthy Lifestyle program, maternity support program, surgical management solutions, and virtual solutions
- Medical Spending Accounts: Health Savings Accounts, Health Reimbursement Account, and Flexible Spending Account to put aside money for future medical expenses
- Behavioral health benefits like in-patient treatment, counseling sessions, and more
- SaveSmart 401(k) Plan to save on tax and get free money from PetSmart as it deposits 50 cents into your account for every dollar of your contribution up to 6% of the pay
- Roth 401(k) Plan option also enables employees to contribute after-tax money and withdraw tax-free dollars
- Deferred Compensation Plan with a base salary of $90,000 or higher to defer income for the future beyond savings through another way like 401(k) Plan
- Fidelity financial guidance from budgeting, health care costs to debt management, understanding social security, and other topics
- Basic, additional, dependent life insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment
- Ally financial guidance offering free and confidential access to specialists and consultation with credited financial experts
- A financial wellness mobile app, MetLife UpWise, at no cost to help you manage your finance
Discount & Offerings:
- 15% discount on all PetSmart merchandise and services
- 50% off Simply Nourish, Only Natural Pet, and Authority dry dog and cat food as well as Dentley’s dog treats and Excuisicat cat litter
- 50% discount on bath services and 35% discount on tools in the Grooming saloons
- One free six-week pet training group class and a free doggie day camp session
- One 6-week free puppy or beginner pet training class at no extra cost
- PerkSpot, a one-stop online shop to get extra discounts
- Tuition Assistance Program reimburses up to $3,500 per year
- Pet insurance through the PetSmart partners, Banfield and MetLife
- Insurance and legal plan offerings e.g. Farmers Insurance Auto & Home’s group insurance program and MetLife legal services
- Cigna Secure Travel, Identity Theft program, and Will Preparation.
Life Events & Mental Well-being:
- Yearly 6 paid holidays: New Year’s Day, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
- Paid vacation hours based on length of continuous service and position or status
- Sick time pay to eligible full-time PetSmart employees
- Up to 3 days paid bereavement time off the death of eligible family members like parents, partners, children, siblings, and individuals related by blood
- Normal pay up to 5 days for the jury and witness duty and 2 discretionary days
- FlexSmart flexible work schedule to consistently perform exceptional works
- Change work status by shifting from part-time or full-time as per your need and re-hire to work at PetSmart again
- Make changes to the benefits plan and coverage within 45 days of the date of the event
- Extend the medical, dental, vision, Health Care FSA coverage under COBRA (Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act
- Pregnancy Support Program with access to a maternity nurse
- UHC Fertility Support program through the United Health Care and the Bind plan
- Adoption Assistance Program for reimbursement of up to $2,000 for each child
- Leave of Absence and Accommodations under Family Medical Leave Act, American with Disabilities Act
- Short-term and long-term disability up to $2000 weekly at no cost
- Paid parental leave, military leave, and workers’ compensation
- PetSmart Employee Assistance Program through Ally offers a variety of resources and guidance free to support different stages of life
- PAAF (PetSmart Associate Assistance Foundation) for the employees experiencing extreme hardship of life due to a qualifying event
- Wellness support in several dimensions including emotional, intellectual, physical, social, educational, and spiritual
How to Log In to PetSmart Employee Benefits Online Account:
For PetSmart Benefits Employee Online Account Access, keep your associate login credentials ready, open a web browser, and complete the three easy steps given below.
- Go to the PetSmart Benefits Login Page, benefits.petsmart.com/benefits-login
- Enter your employee username or email address and password in their fields located in the middle of the page.
- Check the “Remember Me” box if you want and click the “LOG IN” button.
How to Reset PetSmart Employee Benefits Online Account Password:
To reset your PetSmart Benefits Employee Online Account Login password, all you need to do is click the “LOST YOUR PASSWORD?” link. You can find it at the bottom of the login box at benefits.petsmart.com/benefits-login
Submit your PetSmart Employee username or email address and hit the “Get New Password” button. You will get the instructions for a password reset via the email message.
PetSmart Employee Benefits Department Phone Number: 1-866-263-8411