How to Find Out Roku IP Address:
It does not matter which Roku player you are using, it is a complete network device, which means it must have an IP address on your home network. While it is usually just an appliance you plugin and can simply ignore, there may be times when you need to know the IP address to find in on your network.
You can easily find out the with or without your Roku remote control. But if you have the remote then the process might be easier.
Find Out the Roku IP Address using Remote Control:
If you have your Roku remote control, then you have to follow these simple instructions below to find out the IP address:
- Firstly, from the Roku’s main screen, you have to select the Settings option.
- From there, you have to select the Networking option and choose About.
- That screen will reveal your IP Address along with the other information about your Roku device.
Find Out the Roku IP Address with Mobile App:
If you don’t have the access to your remote control, then you can install and set up the Roku app on your mobile phone. Then, you are just a few taps away from the IP address. You can use the app as a remote and find out your Roku device IP address. To find out the Roku device IP address, you have to follow these simple instructions below:
- Firstly, you have to start the Roku app.
- On either the Roku Channel or Channels tab, tap on the gear icon on the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Then, you have to tap on the System Info option.
- On that page, you will get the IP address and other networking details.
Also Read: Activate Ancestry DNA Test Kit Online
Find Out the Roku IP Address in a Web Browser:
There is another way to find out the IP address of your Roku device. For that, you can use the free extension for the Chrome browser called Roku.
Roku might not be the perfect solution, but it almost works with every model Roku. Though, some users have reported it fails to work intermittently. If you don’t have the other option left, then you can use the Roku.
- Firstly, you need to start the Chrome browser on your computer.
- You have to go to the Chrome web store and install the Remoku extension on your device.
- After you add the Remoku on your device, the Remoku icon will appear at the top of the Chrome screen.
- Then, you just need to select the Settings option.
- Assume that, you have a standard home network (your network’s IP begins with 192.168.1…), then click on the Scan option. Then, you have to wait a few minutes while the app scans each of the IP addresses on your network to find your Roku device. If your network has a different IP address format, then you should correct it before you click on the Scan option.